Gone are the days of having to eat breakfast so you don’t lose muscle or having to prep food in a rush out the door to keep your metabolism healthy. We know now that breakfast is NOT the most important meal of the day.
That being said…fasting needs to be done correctly.
I know you might try jumping right in (I mean you’re a badass after all) and you may feel super hungry and weird if you go too fast. It’s best to gradually adopt a fasting schedule that works for you – especially if you’ve always been eating around the clock.
If you’re curious about fasting – I would start with a small fasting window until you get comfortable with it. For example – on my fasting days I usually go 16 hours without food…but I started at 8-10 hours and gradually built up from there.
Here’s a breakdown of how to use intermittent fasting like a boss:
- Start with a small fasting window. Let’s say you sleep for 8 hours…well our fasting window should include those 8 hours…I’d then wait 2-3 hours after waking up to eat your first meal.
- Gradually increase your fasting window.
- Make sure to continue to eat REAL food. This will keep you super satisfied.
- While fasting drink water and black coffee to suppress appetite.
- Working out fasted works great for some people and horrible for others….be cautious and try things for yourself.
- You don’t need to fast everyday (some people do)
- Use fasting on days where you have big dinners or events planned in the evenings.
I know a lot of you are worried about being hungry while fasting and besides drinking water and using black coffee to suppress appetite, I ‘d suggest one MAIN thing.
Don’t sit around day-dreaming of food. You’ll find your energy starts to skyrocket while fasting (trust me it’s CRAZY) and eventually you won’t even care about food while the time flies by. But on the days where you feel hunger make sure to stay preoccupied. GET STUFF DONE…don’t be lazy LOL
It also doesn’t hurt to do some exercise if you can handle it. Even just a powerwalk while listening to your favorite podcast is a solid way to pass the time, plus suppress your appetite.
Try to compete with yourself to see how much you can get done before your first meal. You’ll find that you get way more done, plus you won’t even worry about food. Win-Win.
Try these strategies out for yourself.
Fasting is extremely effective if done correctly – try it out…like a boss!