Policy last updated on July 25, 2021
At True Transformation Inc, we respect your concerns about privacy and value our relationship with you.
True Transformation is located in the United States. Information collected on our website and applications is stored in the United States; therefore, your information may become subject to U.S. law. By using TheTrueTransformation.com and the The True Transformation platform(s), including social media, you consent to the transfer of your data overseas and across borders, and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. The laws governing data in your home country may differ from those in the countries to which data is transferred. By accessing and using our website and mobile applications, you consent to the transfer of your data in this manner.
2. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect personal information including your name, address, telephone number, email address, site password, demographic information, user set objective of your workout(s), user set macro nutrition goals, user inputted weight, user inputted height, user submitted activity level, birthday, purchase history, profile photos, completion status of workout(s), health information or financial information when you visit the Sites, create an account with us, or register a product or purchase with the Sites. Some of our Sites also offer you the option to interact with, capture, or save information through the Sites. This may include the upload of photos or personal information in a freely distributed form.
We do not store credit card or payment information, but some of our payment processors could. We change these processors from time to time please read their specific privacy policies separately.
We collect information through cookies and beacons on our Sites including your IP address, how you use the Sites, and what you have searched for and viewed with the Sites. The information automatically collected will be associated with other personal information we have collected about you. We also automatically collect information about the devices you use to interact with our Sites including your device identifier, web browser, and precise geolocation (with your knowledge and consent).
Additional ways in which personal information is collected and processed are as follows:
- Information You ProvidePrecise Geolocation Information. We may offer products and services that require us to collect your precise geolocation. In such instances, you may be required to allow True Transformation to collect your precise geolocation, with your knowledge and consent, to provide you with that product or service. If you choose not to provide us with your precise geolocation information, these products and services will not function properly, and we will not be able to provide them to you.We will also use this precise geolocation information for analytics purposes and will share your precise geolocation information with certain third parties, including, but not limited to, dealers and parties who provide targeted advertising and analytics services.Newsletters and Other Communications. We may offer online or offline newsletters and other communications or reoccurring emails, about our products, services and promotions. When you sign up to receive these communications, we ask you for personal information, such as your name, postal address and email address. We, or the authorized dealer in your area, will use the information to send you the communications you request and to communicate with you about our products and services.Feedback, Social Media, Surveys, or Contests. We may offer you the opportunity to participate in social media, online surveys, solicitations, or contests. Information we request includes contact information (such as your e-mail address), photos, health status, weight loss, demographic information, videos, and diet/workout plans. Participation in social media, surveys, solicitations, or contests is completely voluntary. Therefore, you have a choice as to whether to disclose any information. We, our business partners, or the authorized dealer in your area, will use the information provided to notify contest winners and award prizes, to monitor or improve the use of one or more websites or advertising, and to provide aggregated information for marketing analyses. By submitting information to us via contests, social media, or directly, you grant V Shred an unlimited non-exclusive license to utilize your photo and success story in a variety of marketing mechanisms without attribution or royalty. We may utilize said data, except for your name and contact information, to create new intellectual property and or programs without attribution or royalty. You recognize that social media supported fitness is a key and fundamental part of our program, to which you consent. We hope that you and your peers get healthy together.That being said, upon request we will remove any identifiable information, photos, or plans from any digital distribution mechanism within 30 days. We will agree to stop utilizing said identifiable information from any print or semi-permanent publications on any future publications or prints that require a revision. We reserve the right to continue to create old versions or print runs.Solicitations may take the form of mailings via U.S. mail; other couriers; or (if provided) email.Careers. Our Sites may include a link to True Transformation Careers so that you may search for open True Transformation positions and apply for positions by submitting your resume and other personal information, such as your name, contact information, and job history. We use the information you submit to evaluate your interest in employment and to contact you regarding possible employment.
- Mobile ServicesAny information we obtain from you in connection with any mobile service, including SMS services, may include your name, address, mobile phone number, your mobile service provider’s name, and the date, time, and content of your messages. In addition to any fee we may charge, your mobile service provider’s standard messaging rates apply to our confirmation and all subsequent SMS correspondence. All charges are billed by and payable to your mobile service provider. We will not be liable for any delays in the receipt of any SMS messages, as delivery is subject to effective transmission from your network operator. SMS message services are provided on an AS IS basis. You may opt out or change your information for mobile services via email to Privacy@vshred.com or by sending “STOP”, “END”, “QUIT” to the SMS text message you have received. However, such opting out will not apply to any communications from our other website offerings you have registered for or from the Network Sites to whom we may have already provided your information. You must opt out directly with each respective affiliate and follow their individual opt out policy.
3. PURPOSES AND LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL INFORMATION
The information we collect is processed for the following purposes:
- To serve the functions of the Sites;
- To manage everyday business needs, such as administration and improvement of the Sites;
- To analyze the Sites’ performance and functioning;
- To analyze how you use the Sites and to perform other market research;
- To provide information and communicate with you about our products and services;
- To provide you with advertisements based on your interests;
- To create and foster a wellness environment and community including targeted advertisements to said community;
- To provide you with information about financial options for the purchase of our products;
- To facilitate your interaction through our Sites with other consumers, including through social networking; and
- To send you further notices, promotions, solicitations, brochures, or other marketing materials regarding our Sites, our products, and the services of our businesses, affiliates, business partners, or authorized dealers.
True Transformation processes this information where we have a legal basis to do so. The legal basis that we will rely on will be one of the following:
- You have consented to our processing your personal information;
- The processing is necessary to perform a contract with you or to fulfill a request you have made;
- The processing is necessary to comply with a legal obligation that applies to True Transformation under United States, European Union, Member State, or other applicable law; or
- The processing is necessary for purposes that are in True Transformation’s legitimate interests as a retailer in order to protect our business, grow our business, and better understand our customers.
We may use your personal information to develop a personal profile about you. We may use the personal information in your profile to respond to requests and market directly to you upon request.
If you notify us that you do not wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, we will not send you marketing information.
Our Sites collect personal information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services.
4. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE SHARE
We share the information you provide with affiliates, subsidiaries, sales representatives or authorized dealers in your area, other business partners, and third party marketing partners. They may use your information to communicate with you about their products and services, and to send you further notices, promotions, solicitations, or brochures, and other marketing materials regarding our website, our products, and the services they provide. With your knowledge and consent, we will also share your precise geolocation with third parties, including, but not limited to, dealers and parties who provide targeted advertising and analytics services.
We also share your information with third parties who perform services and functions on our behalf to support our interactions with you including, for example, providing our products and services, administering surveys or contests, hosting product reviews, or communicating with you. These third parties are not authorized by us to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements.
In addition, we will disclose information about you:
If we are required to do so by law or legal process;
- To law enforcement authorities or other government officials;
- When we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity;
- If this is necessary to protect the vital interests of a person;
- To protect our property, services and legal rights;
- To prevent fraud against V Shred, our Sites, our affiliates, business partners, or authorized dealers;
- To support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions; or
- To comply with applicable laws.
We reserve the right to disclose and transfer all information related to our Sites, including personal data, to a subsequent owner, co-owner or operator of one or more of the Sites or in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, or restructuring, the sale of substantially all of our stock and/or assets, or other corporate change, including, without limitation, during the course of any due diligence process.
5. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our Sites may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from our Sites. Linked websites may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. To the extent any linked websites you visit are not part of this website, we are not responsible for their content, any use of the websites, or the privacy practices of any of those websites.
6. THIRD-PARTY ADVERTISEMENTS
Third parties, including advertisers, will collect information, potentially including personal information, about your activities over time and across different websites when you use the Sites. Those third parties provide V Shred with data collection, reporting, ad response measurement, analytical information, and assist with delivery of relevant marketing messages and advertisements.
Many third-party advertisers and some web browsers and mobile devices allow you to opt out of third-party advertising. Information and resources to opt out of interest-based advertising are available from the Digital Advertising Alliance at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/. You may also opt out of tracking and receiving targeted advertisements on your mobile device by some mobile advertising companies and other similar entities by downloading the App Choices app at: www.aboutads.info/appchoices. Please note, opting out through these mechanisms does not opt you out of being served advertising. You will continue to receive generic ads while visiting the Sites and elsewhere online.
7. HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We maintain reasonable security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the personal information we collect to protect against loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of the information you provide when visiting or using the Sites. Despite our efforts to safeguard your personal information, we cannot guarantee it will be completely secure from unauthorized access, disclosure, use, or alteration. In particular, there is always an inherent risk in the electronic transmission and storage of information. To protect the security of your user name and password, we recommend that you use a complex password that is different from passwords you use for other activities, keep all your passwords in a safe place, and do not share your passwords with others. Always remember to logout after your session ends so that other people cannot access your account information.
8. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Our Sites are not directed at children under the age of 18. You specifically recognize and consent that you are 18 years of age or older before using this Site. If we obtain actual knowledge that any information we collect has been provided by a child under the age of 18, we will promptly delete that information. If you believe you or your child’s information has been captured while under 18 years of age, please contact us immediately at Privacy@vshred.com and we will immediately remove this information.
9. YOUR RIGHTS – ACCESS & CORRECTION
You have the right to request access to the personal information we have collected about you for the purposes of reviewing, modifying, or requesting deletion of the information. You also have the right to request a copy of the information we have collected about you. In certain situations, you may also request that we restrict or cease processing your information.
If you would like to make a request to access, review, or correct the personal information we have collected about you, please contact us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or through one of the methods in the “How to Contact Us” section, below.
To help protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity, such as requiring a password and user ID, before granting access to your information.
You will be notified of any actions taken on your personal information in response to a request submitted for modification, deletion, or restrictions on the processing of your personal information.
When data processing is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before such withdrawal. You also have a right to data portability when the data processing is based on a contract between you and The True Transformation and the data was processed by automated means. You may exercise these rights by submitting a written request to Info@thetruetransformation.com, True Transformation will respond to your request within one month.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the appropriate privacy or data protection regulator in your jurisdiction.
10. RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
True Transformation retains all personal information for the duration of the relevant business relationship or, where required, in accordance with its information management policies and schedules. When deleting personal information based on a request by the data subject, True Transformation will make reasonable attempts to ensure that all instances of the information are deleted in their entirety. For requests for access, corrections, or deletion, please refer to the “Your Rights – Access & Correction” section of this policy.
True Transformation maintains documentation, including a data processing activity register, to demonstrate compliance with its obligations and to allow audits, including inspections, to be carried out by True Transformation or another auditor it has mandated, and to participate in such audits.
11. HOW TO CONTACT US
If you would like to make a request to access, review, or correct the personal information we have collected about you, update your preferences, have your information removed from our mailing lists, or no longer receive marketing e-mails resulting from information collected, you may do so by:
- Adjusting the settings in an account you created through the Sites;
- Unsubscribing via the links contained in emails from us; or
- Contacting us at email@example.com
12. California Consumer Privacy Act – Notices and Rights for California Consumers
- Name, postal address, email address, and telephone number if provided by the customer or available from public or commercial sources.
- Fitness goals, nutrition goals, activity level, gender, weight, and height submitted by the customer.
- Username and password for TT Nutrition online or application.
- Internet protocol address; mobile device identifier.Consumer Information
- Credit/debit card information, if provided, to complete a transaction through a payment processor not usually retained by TT Nutrition.
- Financial information.Commercial Information
- Transaction history with TT Nutrition and affiliates for products and services purchased.
- Credit reports if providing financing for purchase through a payment processor not usually retained by TT Nutrition Information
- Recordings of voicemails.
- Photos, if provided.
- Videos, if provided.
- Recordings of customer service calls.Internet and Other Electronic Network Activity
- Forms completed online; browsing history; search history.
- Interactions with the Sites, application, and advertisements.
- Electronic communications (e-mail).
- Posts on online forums.
- Posts from Instagram, Facebook or other social media on our homepage or tagged with our corporate page.Geolocation Data
- Precise geolocation is collected with your consent in order to provide certain products and services you request. General location information may be derived from IP addresses and mobile device data.Customer or Household Profile Information
- Profile of customer preferences, needs, and interests; geographic location; budget; family composition and age ranges.
- Right to Know about Personal Information We Collect, Disclose, or SellCalifornia consumers have the right to request any of the following information regarding personal information collected by True Transformation about the consumer or the consumer’s household during the last twelve (12) months (“Right to Know”):
- The categories of personal information we collected.
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information.
- For personal information sold or exchanged for value with a third party: categories of personal information and categories of third parties.
- For personal information disclosed to a third party for a business purpose: categories of personal information; and categories (of) third parties.
- The specific pieces of personal information collected about you (except for very sensitive personally identifiable information, which we will describe, but not transmit).The process by which we verify and respond to your requests is explained below under, “How to Make a Verifiable California Consumer Request” and “How We Will Respond to a California Consumer Request.” You may submit a Right to Know request at Info@thetruetransformation.com
- Right to Deletion of Personal InformationCalifornia consumers have the right to request that a business delete any personal information about the consumer, which a business has collected from the consumer, subject to a range of exclusions permitted by law (“Right to Delete”). For example, a business is not required to delete personal information if it is necessary to complete a transaction, is reasonably used for an ongoing business relationship, or is used internally in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which the consumer provided the information.Once we receive and verify your request, we will separately confirm your request and follow appropriate procedures to verify the identity and authority of the person submitting the request. If the Right to Delete request is confirmed and verified, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) the requested personal information from our records, unless an exclusion applies. If we are unable to fulfill all or part of your request, we will let you know why (for example, if we have a permitted reason to retain certain information if the identity of the requesting person cannot be verified).The process by which we verify and respond to your requests is explained below under “How to Make a Verifiable California Consumer Request” and “How We Will Respond to a California Consumer Request.” You may submit a Right to Delete request
- Designating an Authorized AgentCalifornia consumers may designate an authorized agent to act on their behalf to submit a Right to Know or Right to Delete request, or (if applicable) a request to opt-out from the sale of their Personal Information. An authorized agent may be a natural person, or a business entity registered with the Secretary of State. An authorized agent must also submit to True Transformation written proof of their authorization to act on the consumer’s behalf.
- How to Make a Verifiable California Consumer RequestCalifornia consumers may submit a request to exercise any of their rights described above, as noted under the section titled: “How to Contact Us.”
- How We Will Respond to a California Consumer RequestWe will confirm receipt of your Right to Know or Right to Delete request within ten (10) days and may request additional information necessary to verify that you are permitted to make the request. We will respond to any verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of receiving it, subject to delays and exclusions permitted by law. If we require more time to respond, we will let you know the reason why and the extension period in writing. If you have a password-protected online account with us, we will respond via that account. If you do not have an online account, we will use the email address or U.S. Postal address you provided to us when making the request.For a Right to Know request, our response will cover the twelve (12) month period preceding our receipt of the request. If we cannot comply with all or part of your request, we will explain the reasons why. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information readily from one entity to another entity.We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
- Protection from Discrimination for Exercising California Consumer RightsCalifornia consumers have a right not to receive discriminatory treatment by the business for exercising the privacy rights conferred by the California Consumer Privacy Act. As such, we will not discriminate against a California consumer for exercising any of the rights described in this section. This means that except as legally permitted we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Financial Incentive ProgramsWe are permitted to offer certain financial or service incentives to encourage consumers to provide certain financial information. If we offer a financial or service benefit program to you, we will provide a written description of the material terms of the program to you in a written Notice of Financial Incentive, and you will only be enrolled as a participant if you affirmatively opt-in to the program. You may revoke your opt-in consent at any time. The Notice of Financial Incentive will explain the process for opting-in to participate and withdrawing from the program (opting-out) in.
- California “Shine the Light” LawIf you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by us to third parties for the third-parties’ direct marketing purposes within the immediately preceding calendar year. We will provide you with a list of the categories of personal information disclosed and a list of the names and addresses of the third parties. To make such a request, please send an email including evidence of residency in California to Info@thetruetransformation.com