Ever wonder how to make a lower calorie smash burger that still tastes good?
It’s grilling season baby!
Which means burgers are back on the menu.
The only problem is that a juicy burger usually packs a boatload of calories which can wreck your summer body.
Well I have good news for you my friend.
I stumbled upon Ethan Chlebowski’s youtube channel and he recently posted a burger recipe that absolutely blew my socks off.
I knew I had to share it with you the moment I tried it.
The full recipe looks like this:
Lower Calorie Smash Burger
- 5 oz 93 / 7 ground beef
- Coarse Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
- 1 slice American cheese
- Brioche Bun
- 7 g (1/2 tbsp) Mayo
- Sliced red onion
- Shredded lettuce
- Sliced pickles
- 14 g (1 tbsp) of Burger sauce – 14 g mustard, 14 g ketchup, 1 finely chopped pepperoncini
- Prepare all toppings. Heat a cast-iron pan or griddle over high heat.
- Roughly form the ground beef into two 2.5 oz balls of meat. Sprinkle the exterior with a generous pinch of salt and fresh ground black pepper. Roll them around so there is seasoning all along the outside.
- Place the balls of meat on the hot griddle. Place a small piece of parchment paper on them and immediately smash until they are thin, a little smaller than 1/2″. Let cook about 60 seconds to let the crust to develop. Meanwhile, spread a thin layer of the mayo on the top and bottom bun and place on the upper part of the griddle to brown. Flip the spatula upside down, scrape the burger from the pan and then flip over the burger. Repeat for the second burger. Immediately place a slice of American cheese on the second flipped burger, then place the first flipped burger on top. Turn off the heat.
- Assemble the burger. Place 1/2 tbsp of burger sauce on the bottom bun and the other 1/2 on the top. Place the shredded lettuce, red onion, and pickles on the bottom bun then add the smash burger and top bun. Enjoy.
Thanks again to Ethan for the epic burger recipe. Be sure to check out this channel and subscribe for more recipe videos.